What Makes ShapeShift Pilates Instructor Training Program Different?
At ShapeShift Pilates, we live to deliver the highest quality Pilates instructor education program in the world. Our full course instructor-training program is uniquely designed to provide our students with an innovative learning experience and extensive preparation for a successful career in Pilates training. Whether you’ve led fitness classes before, or never taught a class in your life, we will teach you the skills and confidence needed to teach individual clients and group classes safely and effectively.
We meet the highest standards in Pilates education and programming and we teach a more contemporary and comprehensive approach to Pilates teacher training that emphasizes methodology and functionality. Students will learn the authentic exercise method developed by creator Joseph Pilates in a unique way that preserves the essence of the original technique but incorporates today’s modern bio-mechanical knowledge and exercise science principals.
Lead by Master Trainers Gina Brutti and Erin Lutz, the 450-hour instructor training program is offered in a modular or comprehensive 16-week format to give our students the flexibility to complete the program as quickly or as slowly as their schedule and budget allows. In addition, class sizes are purposely kept small to ensure that every student receives a high level of attention and one-on-one contact.
What You’ll Learn:
- Fundamental Pilates principles and philosophies
- Proper form and body alignment techniques to avoid injury & overtraining
- Anatomy and biomechanics taught using visual aids in an interactive environment
- Reformer Repertoire
- Cadillac/Trapeze Table Repertoire
- Wunda/Combo Chair Repertoire
- How to incorporate small apparatus skills into workouts, such as jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, therabands and balls
- Combining Classical and Progressive Pilates styles with modifications and variations
- Creative training and program development skills for any level of proficiency
- Medical anatomical terminology
- Verbal and tactile cueing skills
- The fundamentals of client assessment and alignment protocols so that you can accurately assess your student’s posture & movement
- Options for exercise modifications, progressions, and modifications for students at all fitness levels
- How to lead a Pilates class with confidence & professionalism
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety
- Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding indications and contraindications for specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
- How to create an empowering & fun class environment that will keep your students coming back for more
- Graduates will the meet criteria for, and be prepared to take, the Pilates Method Alliance Certification Exam™
** Program Includes: The official ShapeShift Pilates Instructor Manual complete with photographs, study guides, detailed exercise notes & more!
NEW! 2020 Teacher Training Schedule
Dates: January 28th, 2020-May 15th, 2020 (16 weeks total / 8 hours per week)
Nuts & Bolts:
Dates: January 28-30
Dates: February 4-21
Dates: February 25-April 3
Dates: April 7-24
Dates: April 28-May 8
Review & Final:
Dates: May 12-15
We’d love to hear from you! Give us a call at (310) 378-4455
Schedule a Studio Visit!
Have questions/want to schedule a studio visit? Call (310) 378-4455 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!
Study and train to become a professional Pilates Instructor with the multi-faceted and comprehensive ShapeShift Pilates Teacher Training program.
I am so grateful I signed up for the [Pilates Teacher Training] class. I went from someone that barely knew anything about Pilates to a Pilates instructor and lifelong believer in the benefits of this great practice! ~ MaryKay S.
Gina Brutti is an excellent instructor that guides you through the training and all of the valuable aspects [of Pilates]. It has been a challenging and rewarding experience and I am grateful to Gina. ~ Tina M.
I didn’t think it was possible for me to teach an hour class without notes or my anatomy book out, but a year and a half later I’m teaching multiple times a week with regular clients without notes or a written routine! Gina is so knowledgeable and experienced in Pilates that I knew I was in the right certification program for me and I am so happy I took the leap to get certified! ~ Kim L.